Sunday, January 11, 2009

Swings

Yesterday we had a good time on the swing set so much so that Emily fell asleep in the swing. I was pushing Emily, Nathan and Kayla in the swings and I went to give Emily a push and when I did so she kind of jumped as though I had woke her from sleep. After closer inspection she in fact was nodding off and had a little indentation on her forehead from the swing where she had been resting her head. I did have pictures of this, however, I have somehow deleted them along with a few others that has left me feeling quiet sad inside. Another bit of excitement yesterday was Nathan actually asking to be pushed on the swings. He has never liked the swings and feels like he is going to fall out of them at any given moment, so it has always been an issue to get him to swing. Well yesterday he was in the swings and I kept pushing him higher and higher teasing him and making him laugh until he had the giggles, and almost as if by magic he was having a good time in the swings and loving every minute of it. We were able to push him pretty high, well as high as you can on the swing set we have and he was laughing and having a good time. Now he is constantly asking to be pushed. I do not know if it was a good or bad thing to get him over his fear...

No comments:

Post a Comment