Thursday, November 6, 2008

I QUIT!!!

I am seriously under paid and under appreciated.

I have spent the past 48 hours arguing with a 5 year old, 3 year old, or almost 2 year old. The 5 year old is as stubborn as I am and when we argue neither one of us is mature enough to walk away, so the fights get pretty heated. It all started yesterday when I was telling him about daddy being gone this weekend which led to him yelling because he wanted to go with daddy and ended as we pulled into the driveway and he threw something at me. He claims it was not at me he was just throwing it!! Anyway there was a lot of “discussing and he went to his room with a struggle, but he made it. I do not look forward to the day when he is too big for me to pick up and force to stay in his room!!

The 3 year old has been pretty good until this afternoon when she was not getting her way and she thought it would be fun to talk back to me and hit and kick. Then there is the almost 2 year old. She is as stubborn as they come, possibly more so than I. She will have a complete fit if she does not get her way and is testing the terrible 2’s theory. I feel like the only child I want to be with is the 3 month old. As I type this they are all crying the overdramatic Kayla because she stepped on a piece of paper, Emily because she got in trouble and Madeline, just because she wants some love!!

I need a drink!!!

2 comments:

  1. Had a great comment for this, but screwed up and hit the wrong button, so it was erased. The gist was: I feel your pain (or at least 1/4 of it) and I have faith in your stubbornness to overcome theirs'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, jeepers! I can only imagine.

    Yes, you are overworked and underpaid and I think we all want to quit at some point...and like Jenny I can only relate to 1/4 of your situation, but relate I can and if you wish to vent further, give me a call!

    You are doing a wonderful job, and I know you're not fishing for complements and the like, but you deserve them and I am confident that you will prevail! If there is one thing of which I am certain it is that you are a wonderful parent; I have witnessed your ability, though perhaps not with quite as much going on, and you are fabulous!

    Also, drinks? I can provide drinks!

    Forge ahead!

    ReplyDelete