Saturday, October 25, 2008

Too much sugar

Yes I said it, too much sugar. I am about sick of cakes cookies and frosting. For the past 7 days my kitchen has looked like Betty Crocker exploded in it. On Monday the women's club for the neighborhood had a bake sale and I made a carrot cake, a pineapple upside down cake and 24 cookies. Tomorrow the church/school is having their fall festival and I made a Halloween cake a carrot cake a pineapple upside down cake and cookies fro that. Then tonight we are having people over for an Oktoberfest/pumpkin carving party. There will be 9 kids (including Madeline) and 11 adults. So, I made a Halloween cake for tonight and made some more cookies. Total I have made 2 carrot cakes, 2 pineapple upside down cakes, 2 Halloween cakes, and about 60 cookies. I used 6 cake mixes (thank heavens for cake mixes) half a bag of chocolate chips, and 4 pounds of confectioner sugar, 4 small cans of pineapple rings, and other miscellaneous bits. If I never have to bake a cake again it will be too soon. I made that comment at 11pm last night then realized Paul's birthday is in a week and Madeline's is next, then Nathan's. I am NEVER going to loose this weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment