Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Today was spent with the Cook family playing games, hanging out, and eating. Before dinner we went over to my sister Sue’s house and saw her eclectic array of pets. She has a ball python, chinchilla, and a cat. The cat hid under the bed the entire time we were there. The chinchilla took a dust bath and ate some hay. The snake came out to have a slither around anyone’s arm that would allow it. The snake was my favorite, it was kind of relaxing to have her slither in my hands on my arms. The snake was Nathan’s favorite as well. After Susan’s house I went with her to Wal-Mart to buy a “Thanksgiving Day bouquet” for my Mom. My brother asked Sue where to get a bouquet for her today and there was only one place that holds the value of the dollar higher than family, Wal-Mart. So, off we went to try to find something, after we picked out the flowers that we would use in the “bouquet, we were off to find something to put then in and to arrange them so that they do not look too much like Wal-Mart. I am not a snob, Wal-Mart has some nice things, but their flower department was definitely lacking. When we finally found some things that we could use it was time to do some rearranging. Lets just say my sister’s car was covered in little flower petals and glass beads, sorry Sue!! The arrangement turned quiet nice and no one complained, at least not to our face anyway!! It was great Thanksgiving we missed David and Katie and Joe and Annie, but understand you could not be there. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

Nathan with Ambrosia

James with the Chinchila The "Thanksgiving Day bouquet" The Turkey!! Kids eat first!! The Men Have a Drink of Norwegian Spirits (Aquavit) That face says it all!! Thanks for the Christmas Crackers, Gram!! No better way to travel Thanks for the lift cousin Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment