Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day of School!!

Today was the kids first day back to school. It was a great day.  When I dropped them off Nathan and Kayla walked in with no issues, Emily on the other hand cried and was upset.  As her teacher peeled her from me I ran for the door.  Since she is the third child that I had to have peeled from me as I ran out the door, I have lost all emotional involvement with the situation, when I hear of the mom that cried when taking their child to the first day of school, it blows my mind.  WHY!!  Drop them off and run, sure they are sad and upset, but in 10 minutes they will have COMPLETELY forgotten about you.  I am just lacking the sensitivity gene I guess...

When I picked them up from school they were all smiles and had a great day.  It was nice to hear that they had fun and there were friends in their classes from the previous year.  the best part of the pick up was NO homework!!  I think I am dreading t hat more than the kids do.  I am looking forward to a good year.  My goals is to be more involved in the activities at the school, lets see how it turns out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment