Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quarantined

Well, yesterday Nathan was complaining of a headache so I gave him some Motrin and sent him off to school. When I picked him up he was still complaining of his head hurting and not feeling good. While at the gym for Kayla's gymnastics he grew paler was getting the chills and continued to complain of his head hurting and began coughing. Now I knew he was not OK. When we came home from the gym he was NOT feeling good and I took his temperature, which was up to 102.7. Gave him some more Motrin, and left him to rest on the sofa. He woke up while the girls were eating their hot dogs and macaroni and cheese (I am an amazing chef and my children LOVE dinners that are soo fancy, you wish you lived here don't you!!) ...back to Nathan, He woke up and ate a hot dog. then upstairs to watch wheel of fortune, he liked to watch it as a baby and still enjoys watching it, I think it is the bright colors. When it was time for bed I put his cup (for throwing up) in his room and he went to use the bathroom and go to bed, well on the way he threw-up. There was the hot dog he had just eaten, along with the RED Gatorade all over the beige carpet, no there are no pictures, I did think about it however. Thankfully we have a steam cleaner so I was able to get the floor clean and did not have to spend too much time on my hands and knees. He slept the rest of the night and this morning had a temperature of 102.7 so more Motrin. After the doctor appointment at 9:10 this morning we drove all over trying to get his prescription filled. Yes, he has the flu. I am not sure if it is H1N1 or not. The doctor's office does not test for which strain it is, only if it is the flu. So I have given him his first dose of Tamiflu, which about made him vomit. He is dong a lot better today. Seems in good spirits still looks like he does not feel very well, but all in all he has a lot of energy for having the flu. He ate lunch and is watching cartoons. Minus the temperature he acts more like he has a cold. Cross your fingers that he is the only ill one from this!!

1 comment: