Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School

Last Thursday, Aug 14th, was Nathan and Kayla's first day at school. Nathan did really well, he went in put his stuff away and sat in his seat. He was a little reluctant to say goodbye, but we went through our little routine and he was set. Kayla however was reluctant to put her stuff away and she was in tears when I left her. Her teacher was with her and helped her to get over her anxiousness, but in time she will get use to the routine and settle into her new school. When I picked them up at the end of the day I could tell Kayla had been crying, but in the car both her and Nathan were talking about how much fun they had at school and they liked their teachers and are making new friends. Kayla had some tears this morning, but not as bad. She went into her classroom all by herself, I left her at he front door of her building. Nathan even went into the school all by himself and did not have any issues. Hopefully by next wek I can dropthem off in the car drop off line and I will not even have to get out of the car. I can dream, right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment